Shoulder stability is important because it ensures the shoulder muscles and the joints are working together to create steady movements, such as reaching for something on a shelf or being able to steer your car. If you do not have strong stable shoulders, it can lead to instabilities, pain, or injury somewhere else in your body. There are a few exercises you can do to help increase shoulder stability. Whether these exercises work or not you should follow up with a doctor or call our office today to ensure you are getting the best treatment for your pain.
These exercises are done without weights:
- First, you can try lying on your back with your arms straight up and down and making fists as if you are holding onto a steering wheel.
- Slightly drive both of your fists back towards the top of your head or the wall behind you.
- Then, bring them back down by your sides.
- Repeat this motion about 10 times.
- Then try moving your arms in a scissors like motion, when one arm goes up towards your head, the other one moves towards your toes, then switch them at the same time.
- You can also move your arms side to side same direction, then again in the opposite direction almost in a crisscross motion.
The video below shows dumbbell exercises that also help increase shoulder stability. If you have any questions about how we can help you, call us today- 719-565-6678!