Having a healthy body and mind to increase longevity is something that all of us strive for. Using common sense and leading a healthy lifestyle is the easiest way to do this. Here are some basic guidelines that will help you in reaching your optimal weight and health regardless of what new marvel modern science comes up with.
- Eat a well balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of water instead of sweetened drinks.
- Stay away from eating genetically engineered foods, particularly processed foods.
- Eat fermented foods that will promote healthy gut bacteria.
- Eat healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, butter, eggs and olive/coconut oil.
- Consume lots of nutrient dense raw foods.
- Fit exercise into your daily routine.
- Get outside and enjoy the sun! Vitamin D from the sun plays a huge role in your overall health.
- Reduce your toxin exposure.
- Get plenty of sleep, but not too much.
- Unwind everyday by using techniques such as deep breathing or meditation to reduce your stress levels.
Never forget that you are in complete control of your lifestyles and habits, so try and make them healthy ones so that you can live a longer, healthier and drug free life!
Call Physical Therapy Connections today to secure your slot for one of our wellness classes or for more information on nutrition and healthy lifestyles 719-565-6678. Also, be sure to check us out on Facebook and Instagram for updates on our FREE workshops and clinics.