Best Thing for Older Adults in Strength Training
Recent Research shows Strength Training is the best thing YOU can do for yourself.
- Progressive strength training increases bone density and bone strength in older adults. This makes less likely to fall and if you do fall, you are less likely to get hurt.
- Proper strength and weight training improves balance, mobility, and coordination in older adults. That is a 1-2-3 punch all at once. There aren’t many programs that can deliver all 3 qualities at once.
- Muscular strength is associated with a 30 to 40 % decrease in cancer mortality among older men. What a great way to prevent cancer and lower your risk of developing cancer.
- The right Progressive strength training program improves brain function in older adults. Great way to get smart and stay smart.
- Muscle mass is associated with healthy aging and lower mortality in older men and women. Weight and Strength training helps you build or maintain muscle mass at any age.
6. Progressive strength training stimulates your body’s production of growth hormones. This allows men and women to maintain high levels of these hormones which helps keep you young, strong, vigorous, and healthy.
7. You will look better and feel younger by properly applying strength training into your weekly routine.
8. Strength training is Fun! It does not have to be painful and it does not take long to see results.
Give Strength training a shot. You will feel better, look taller, lose belly fat, and reduce your risk of falling.
Physical Therapy Connections, P.C.