First off, pain anywhere is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. It could mean that you have an injury where the pain is or it could be pain caused from an injury somewhere else. Our goal at Physical Therapy Connections is to find the root of the cause and treat it accordingly to eliminate knee pain and reduce risk for further injuries.
Here are some things to know about knee pain and some solutions to help reduce it.
- Knee Pain can be resolved if the root of the cause is determined and treated properly.
- Medication or drugs could mask the pain temporarily but could also cause more damage.
- Most knee and ACL injuries that keep you from the sports and activities you love are preventable.
- Alterations in neuromuscular control can lead to devastating knee injuries.
- Lack of good balance and landing mechanics are the strongest predictors of primary knee injuries.
- Physical Therapy- The best part is you can do these self-treatments in the comfort of your own home once you are shown what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. Depending on the damage, most people will feel 80% better in 4-6 weeks, even if they have suffered for years and decades.
- Special movements produce the best results over any other type of treatment, including manipulations or surgery
- Finding the root cause of the initial pain or injury.
- Eccentric training- can help you in preventing knee injuries and enhancing your performance.
- Training the “good” side can help the “bad” side.
Call us today to schedule your in person visit, 7199-565-6678!
Learn more about the knee here KNEE VIDEO <<<<<Click the link to the left.